Length tolerance +/-2mm
Do you need a different steel quality or dimension? Please contact us. Our sales team will make an offer from stock or delivery program :)
- Production time - 5-7 weeks.
- Preparation for shipment - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Please look at the faq.
Niobium is a rare heavy metal that belongs to the transition metals and is in the vanadium group. Due to its low hardness, it is easy to process, e.g. forging. The metal has a very high melting temperature, high ductility at room temperature and can easily absorb gases. It is very resistant in air and is not attacked by most acids at room temperature. Niobium is also unstable in hot alkalis. Niobium powder has pyrophoric properties. Niobium metal has good biocompatibility.
Niobium price is fair in the Evek GmbH online store. We are in close contact with our customers and look forward to your inquiry.
Niobium is mainly used as an alloy additive. Niobium increases the strength and toughness of stainless steel alloys. Alloys of niobium and zirconium are used to coat nuclear fuel rods. Niobium-titanium alloys are used for the production of permanent magnets. Niobium metal is also used in the manufacture of jewelry and in implants due to its biocompatibility.
Niobium is widely used in various industrial sectors:
- as an alloying additive for steel and non-ferrous alloys;
- for the manufacture of jewelry;
- for coating the surfaces of implants;
- in bimetallic coins;
- as a catalyst in the production of hydrochloric acid.
Niobium is characterized by the following properties:
- low hardness and high ductility;
- very high melting temperature;
- good machining properties;
- Resistance to most acids;
- insensitivity to hot alkalis;
- good biocompatibility.
You can buy niobium from Evek GmbH, a reliable supplier. We supply worldwide and are proud to be able to offer you first-class service and professional advice.