- 100% no China imports (pay attention to high price differences)
- Our products are mostly made in Germany
- High quality at best prices.
- TOP rating & service
Weight tolerance can be up to +/-2%
|Manufacturing lasm uSm region:||GermanySm|
|Manufacturer number:||Not applicableSm|
|Operation area:||Metal element 62|
|Name, symbol, atomic number:||Samarium, Sm, 62|
Samarium is one of the rare earth elements used to make carbon arc lights used in the motion picture industry for studio lighting and projector lights. Samarium also makes up about 1% Misch-Metal, a material used to make flints for lighters.
Areas of application:
- Samarium cobalt magnets are much stronger than iron magnets. They remain magnetic at high temperatures and are therefore used in microwave applications. They enabled the miniaturization of electronic devices such as headphones and the development of personal stereos. Instead, neodymium magnets are more commonly used instead.
- Samarium is used to dope calcium chloride crystals for use in optical lasers. It is also used in infrared absorbing glass and as a neutron absorber in nuclear reactors. Samarium oxide finds particular use in glass and ceramics. Like other lanthanides, samarium is used in carbon arc lighting for studio lighting and projection.