Weight tolerance can be up to +/-2%
Do you need a different steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Production time - none. Already in stock.
- Preparation for shipment - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the FAQ please.
Hafnium is a corrosion-resistant heavy metal that can be crystallized in two different modifications depending on the temperature. Pure hafnium is soft and pliable, making it easy to roll and forge. When exposed to air, the metal is covered with a thin layer of oxide, which protects it from further oxidation. Hafnium has good resistance to most acids. At room temperature it is only soluble in aqua regia and hydrofluoric acid. Powdered hafnium has pyrophoric properties and is non-toxic.
Hafnium price in the Evek GmbH online shop attracts every customer. Our service and your satisfaction with it are a good basis for a long-term cooperation.
The main application of hafnium is in nuclear technology. It is used here as a monitoring and control rod in nuclear reactors. The element is also used for reactors in nuclear submarines. The addition of as little as 2% hafnium to alloys containing tungsten, molybdenum, niobium and tantalum increases their strength and heat resistance.
Hafnium is used:
- in nuclear engineering (nuclear reactors);
- in the military field (reactors in nuclear submarines);
- in flash lamps;
- as an alloy additive to niobium, tantalum, molybdenum and tungsten.
Hafnium is characterized by:
- good flexibility;
- easy to roll and forge;
- persistent in air;
- good resistance to most acids;
- pyrophoric properties in a finely divided state;
- non toxic.
You can buy hafnium from Evek GmbH. We offer a flexible discount system so that you can enjoy our service and thus a new shopping experience.