Length tolerance +/-2mm
Do you need a different steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Production time - 5-7 weeks.
- Preparation for shipment - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the FAQ please.
Niobium is a rare heavy metal that belongs to the transition metals and is in the vanadium group. Due to its low hardness, it is easy to process, eg forge. The metal has a very high melting temperature, high ductility at room temperature and can easily absorb gases. It is very stable in air and is unaffected by most acids at room temperature. Niobium is also unstable in hot alkalis. Niobium powder has pyrophoric properties. Niobium metal has good biocompatibility.
Niobium price is fair in the Evek GmbH online shop. We are in close contact with our customers and look forward to your inquiry.
Niobium is mainly used as an alloy additive. For example, niobium increases strength and toughness in stainless steel alloys. Niobium and zirconium alloys are used to clad nuclear fuel rods. Niobium-titanium alloys are used to manufacture permanent magnets. Niobium metal is also used to make jewelry and implants because of its biocompatibility.
Niobium is widely used in different industrial areas:
- as an alloying additive for steel and non-ferrous alloys;
- for making jewelry;
- for coating the surfaces of implants;
- for bimetallic coins;
- as a catalyst in hydrochloric acid production.
Niobium is characterized by the following properties:
- low hardness and high ductility;
- very high melting temperature;
- good machining properties;
- resistance to most acids;
- insensitivity to hot alkalis;
- good biocompatibility.
You can buy niobium from Evek GmbH, a reliable supplier. We ship worldwide and pride ourselves on being able to offer you first class service and expert advice.