- 100% no China imports (watch out for high price differences)
- Our products are mostly made in Germany
- High quality at the best prices.
- TOP rating & service
Weight tolerance can be up to +/- 2%
|Manufacturing lASm uSm region:
||Metal element 62
|Name, symbol, ordinal number:
||Samarium, Sm, 62
||1072 ° C
||7.52 g / cm3
||1900 ° C
Samarium is one of the rare earth elements that are used to make carbon arc lights, used in the film industry for studio lighting and projector lights. Samarium also makes up about 1% mixed metal, a material used to make flint stones for lighters.
Areas of application:
- Samarium cobalt magnets are much stronger than iron magnets. They remain magnetic at high temperatures and are therefore used in microwave applications. They enabled the miniaturization of electronic devices such as headphones and the development of personal stereos. Instead, neodymium magnets are more commonly used instead.
- Samarium is used to dope calcium chloride crystals for use in optical lasers. It is also used in infrared absorbing glass and as a neutron absorber in nuclear reactors. Samarium oxide has special uses in glass and ceramics. Like other lanthanides, samarium is used in carbon arc lighting for studio lighting and projection.