Weight tolerance can be up to +/- 2%
Do you need other steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Production time - none. Already in stock.
- Shipping preparation - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the faq please.
Niobium is a rare heavy metal that belongs to the transition metals and belongs to the vanadium group. Due to its low hardness, it can be easily processed, e.g. forged. The metal has a very high melting temperature, high ductility at room temperature and can easily absorb gases. It is very stable in air and is not attacked by most acids at room temperature. Niobium is also unstable in hot alkalis. Niobium powder has pyrophoric properties. Niobium metal has good biocompatibility.
Niobium price is fair in the Evek GmbH online shop. We are in close contact with our customers and look forward to your inquiry.
Niobium is mainly used as an alloy additive. Niobium increases the strength and toughness in stainless steel alloys. Alloys made from niobium and zirconium are used to encase nuclear fuel rods. Niobium-titanium alloys are used in the manufacture of permanent magnets. Niobium metal is also used in the manufacture of jewelry and because of its biocompatibility with implants.
Niobium is widely used in various industrial areas:
- as an alloy additive for steel and non-ferrous alloys;
- for making jewelry;
- for coating the surfaces of implants;
- for bimetal coins;
- as a catalyst in hydrochloric acid production.
Niobium is characterized by the following properties:
- low hardness and high ductility;
- very high melting temperature;
- good machining properties;
- Resistance to most acids;
- Insensitivity to hot alkalis;
- good biocompatibility.
You can buy niobium from Evek GmbH, a reliable supplier. We deliver worldwide and pride ourselves on offering you first-class service and expert advice.