Weight tolerance can be up to +/-2%
Do you need a different steel quality or dimension? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Production time - none. Already in stock.
- Preparation for shipment - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the FAQ please.
Silicon carbide is a chemical compound of the semi-metal silicon and carbon with the chemical formula SiC. This material belongs to the carbide group of substances. It has a high Mohs hardness (9.6), good thermal conductivity and semiconductor properties. Of course, SiC silicon carbide is very rare and is called moissanite. The offered silicon carbide powder is coarse, has a grain size of 200 - 300 µm and an irregular grain shape. The bulk density is 1.43 g/cm³. Carborundum consists of at least 97.5% SiC (approx. 70% Si and approx. 30% C).
If you are looking to buy high purity silicon carbide, you've come to the right place. Our online shop also offers various metallic powders at fair prices.
The characteristics such as high hardness, strength and temperature stability make carborundum very important for industrial use. It has found widespread application in the following areas:
- as an abrasive;
- as semiconductor material (light emitting diodes and photodiodes, power electronics);
- component for refractories;
- various heating elements;
- optical elements (mirrors and lenses);
- as a fuel in steel production using the LD process.
Silicon carbide is characterized by the following properties:
- high hardness and strength;
- high temperature stability;
- good thermal conductivity;
- good semiconductor properties.
Evek GmbH is a reliable supplier of silicon carbide powder. Buying silicon carbide is very easy and fast with us. If you have any questions, we are at your disposal.
Chemical composition (in %)
| SiC|| feet|| C|
| at least 97.5|| max. 0.2|| max 0.4|