Length tolerance +/-2mm
Do you need a different steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Production time - 2-3 weeks.
- Preparation for shipment - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the FAQ please.
Material 1.3964 is an austenitic stainless steel. This alloy is composed of nickel, chromium, manganese and molybdenum and is stabilized with niobium. It has non-magnetic properties and shows good resistance to corrosion in seawater. For this reason, this steel is also referred to as submarine steel. Furthermore, Nitronic 50 is insensitive to stress corrosion cracking and has a high tensile strength, a high yield point and a high strength. The material behaves stably in chloride-containing environments, can be welded well and is well machined. 1.3964 has medium machinability and forgeability.
If you are looking for a reliable supplier of material 1.3964, you have come to the right place. We offer nickel alloys at a good price and deliver them worldwide.
Due to the excellent corrosion resistance, especially against seawater, Nitronic 50 is mainly used in coastal areas. Material 1.3964 has a wide range of applications in offshore structures (oil platforms, production platforms, wind turbines, pipelines), in shipbuilding (cover for submarines) and in watch manufacture (diving watches).
1.3964 is characterized by:
- high strength; non-magnetic properties;
- non-magnetic properties;
- good resistance to corrosion in sea water;
- Insensitivity to stress corrosion cracking;
- high tensile strength and high yield point;
- stable in chloride containing environments;
- easy to weld and machine;
- medium machinability and forgeability.
Typical applications of Nitronic 50 are:
- in the offshore area (drilling platforms, production platforms, wind turbines, pipelines);
- in shipbuilding (hull for submarines);
- in watchmaking (diving watches);
- pulp and paper industry;
- fertilizer industry.
You can buy material 1.3964 from Evek GmbH. Our online shop is available to you around the clock. For further questions please contact us. We are happy to support you with advice and action.