Stainless steel strip is a flat finished product made from austenitic stainless steel. This is acid-resistant and easy to weld. Thanks to its low carbon content, the steel is highly resistant to intercrystalline corrosion after welding in thicknesses of up to 5 mm. It can be used at temperatures up to 600 °C. V2A strip has very good polishability. V2A steel is one of the most commonly used commercial steel grades.
Due to its tendency to stress corrosion cracking, stainless steel strip is unsuitable for applications in swimming pools and seawater.
Thanks to its excellent properties, stainless steel foil is used in the following areas:
- Automotive engineering. Manufacture of various bodywork elements;
- Food industry. Production of plants, containers etc.;
- Aircraft construction. Production of complex profiles;
- Construction industry. Architecture, pipeline construction and production of ventilation ducts;
- Chemical industry. Transportation and storage containers;
- Furniture industry. Fastening and decorative elements, fittings.
- Stainless steel strip is characterized by
- Excellent resistance to corrosion;
- insensitivity to acids;
- good resistance to heat and weathering;
- good processing properties (weldability and machinability).