- 100% no China imports (watch out for high price differences)
- Our products are mostly made in Germany
- High quality at the best prices.
- TOP rating & service
Weight tolerance can be up to +/- 2%
|Manufacturing lASm uSm region:
||Metal element 65
|Name, symbol, ordinal number:
||Terbium, Tb, 65
||1356 ° C
||8.23 g / cm3
||3123 ° C
Terbium is a silvery white rare earth metal that is malleable, ductile, and soft enough to be cut with a knife. It is relatively stable in air compared to the earlier, more reactive lanthanides in the first half of the lanthanide series. Terbium exists in two crystal allotropes with a transition temperature of 1289 ° C.
Areas of application:
- Terbium is used as a dopant in calcium fluoride, calcium tungstate, and strontium molybdate, materials used in solid state devices, and as a crystal stabilizer in fuel cells operating at elevated temperatures along with ZrO2.
- Terbium is also used in alloys and in the manufacture of electronic devices. As part of Terfenol-D, terbium is used in actuators, marine sonar systems, sensors, the SoundBug device (its first commercial application) and other magnetomechanical devices. Terfenol-D is a terbium alloy that expands or contracts in the presence of a magnetic field. It has the highest magnetostriction of any alloy.
- Terbium is also used to detect endospores as it serves as a test for dipicolinic acid based on photoluminescence.