Length tolerance +/-2mm
- Production time - 2-3 weeks.
- Preparation for shipment - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the FAQ please.
Kovar® is a nickel alloy composed of approx. 54% iron, 29% nickel and 17% cobalt. The material is characterized by a low coefficient of thermal expansion of approx. 5 ppm/K and excellent toughness. The material has good physical and mechanical properties and can be processed by deep drawing and stamping. It is not resistant to corrosion in damp and wet environments and must be coated with an additional corrosion-resistant protective layer. 1.3981 has a tensile strength of 530 N/mm² and cannot be magnetised. The grade is easily solderable with solder.
Nilo® K tubes are available in the Evek GmbH online shop. We are a reliable Nickel Base Alloy supplier and ship worldwide.
Because Kovar® enables a bond between glass and metal, it is mainly used for metal-to-glass feedthroughs. The material is also used as a housing material in the field of microelectronics and microsystems technology. Other fields of application of 1.3981 are
- X-ray tubes;
- electronics (transistors and diodes);
- various hermetic seals;
- Chemistry (vacuum systems).
The following features characterize Kovar®
- extremely low coefficient of thermal expansion;
- excellent toughness;
- good physical and mechanical properties;
- can be deep drawn and stamped;
- not corrosion resistant;
- easily solderable with solder;
- not magnetizable.
Evek GmbH online shop offers 1,3912 tubes. Purchase the nickel alloys and more from Evek GmbH.