Weight tolerance can be up to +/- 2%
Do you need other steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Production time - none. Already in stock.
- Shipping preparation - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the faq please.
Tantalum is a rare high-melting transition metal from the vanadium group. It is similar to niobium and is one of the heavy metals. Pure tantalum has good ductility, can be stretched well and thus rolled into sheets and wires. At high temperatures, tantalum reacts with most non-metals. In the air it forms a protective oxide layer. Tantalum is insensitive to most acids. Tantalum metal is only soluble in hydrofluoric acid and molten salt.
There is a cheap tantalum price in the Evek GmbH online shop. Contact us and get professional advice in the metal sector.
Tantalum is mainly used in electronics to manufacture very small, high-performance capacitors. Due to its excellent biocompatibility, medical implants and instruments are made from tantalum metal. The metal is also used in the chemical industry because of its chemical resistance. In order to increase the strength of the material at high temperatures, tantalum is used as an alloy additive for nickel-based superalloys.
The main areas of application for tantalum are:
- Microelectronics (manufacture of capacitors);
- Medicine (manufacture of implants and instruments);
- chemical industry (heat exchangers and pumps);
- Nickel superalloys.
Tantalum is characterized by:
- good deformability and ductility;
- Resistance to most acids;
- stable in the air.
You can buy tantalum from Evek GmbH. We are a reliable supplier for tantalum and deliver uncomplicated worldwide.