Weight tolerance can be up to +/- 2%
Do you need other steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Production time - none. Already in stock.
- Shipping preparation - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the faq please.
Europium is a rare earth metal from the group of lanthanoids. It is a soft heavy metal of great technical importance for the production of phosphors. The element is paramagnetic, but at very low temperatures it shows antiferromagnetism. The metal is quickly oxidized in the dry air. In moist air it becomes covered with a yellow hydroxide layer. It dissolves in water with the formation of hydrogen. In addition, europium reacts with most non-metals.
Europium price is always up to date in the Evek GmbH online shop. Our goal is your trust in us and your satisfaction with our service.
The main area of application for europium is the production of phosphors. It is used here as a dopant. In addition, the element is used for application to the glass in mercury vapor lamps (high pressure lamps). This makes the light white and more natural. Since europium is a good neutron catcher, it is also used as a neutron absorber in nuclear reactors.
Europium is used:
- as a dopant for the production of phosphors;
- as neutron absorbers in nuclear reactors;
- in high pressure mercury lamps;
- as fluorescence.
Europium is characterized by:
- Antiferromagnetism at very, very low temperatures;
- Solubility in water with formation of hydrogen;
- Reaction with most non-metals;
- Oxidation in dry air.
Europium can be bought from the reliable supplier Evek GmbH. We ensure uncomplicated deliveries worldwide and offer high-quality and high-purity metals.