Weight tolerance can be up to +/-2%
Do you need a different steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Production time - none. Already in stock.
- Preparation for shipment - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the FAQ please.
Europium is a rare earth metal from the lanthanide group. It is a soft heavy metal with a high technical importance for the production of phosphors. The element is paramagnetic but shows antiferromagnetism at very low temperatures. In the dry air, the metal is quickly oxidized. In moist air it is covered with a yellow layer of hydroxide. It dissolves in water to form hydrogen. In addition, europium reacts with most non-metals.
Europium price is always up to date in the Evek GmbH online shop. Our goal is your trust in us and your satisfaction with our service.
The main area of application of europium is the production of phosphors. It is used here as a dopant. In addition, the element is used for application to the glass in mercury vapor lamps (high-pressure lamps). This makes the light white and more natural. Since europium is a good neutron scavenger, it is also used as a neutron absorber in nuclear reactors.
Europium is used:
- as dopants for the production of phosphors;
- as a neutron absorber in nuclear reactors;
- in high pressure mercury lamps;
- as fluorescence.
Europium is characterized by:
- antiferromagnetism at very very low temperatures;
- solubility in water with formation of hydrogen;
- reaction with most nonmetals;
- oxidation in dry air.
You can buy europium from the reliable supplier Evek GmbH. We ensure uncomplicated deliveries worldwide and offer high-quality and high-purity metals.