Zirconium sheet 0.025-50mm plates 99.9% metal Zr 40 custom cut 100-1000mm
- Do you need a different steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Field of application: Nuclear power plants (cladding of the uranium fuel elements); chemical industry (construction of chemical plants); as an alloy metal (steel, surgical instruments); as flashlight powder (fireworks, signal lights); Manufacture of abrasive paper and pigments;
- density 6.50 g/cm³; Mohs hardness 5; melting point 1857 °C;
- Didn't find the sizes you wanted? Just contact us! We are happy to help you with your request.
Length tolerance +/-2mm
Do you need a different steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Production time - 5-7 weeks.
- Preparation for shipment - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the FAQ please.
Zirconium is one of the heavy metals and is assigned to the titanium group. It has a very high corrosion resistance, good flexibility and is relatively soft. Zirconium is easy to roll, forge and hammer. It's a poor conductor of electricity, but a relatively good conductor of heat. At high temperatures, zirconium reacts with most nonmetals. It is stable in air as a result of passivation. The metal is resistant to acids. However, it is already attacked at room temperature by aqua regia and hydrofluoric acid. Zirconium is not sensitive to aqueous bases. In finely divided form, zirconium exhibits pyrophoric properties. It is non-toxic and is found in the body.
In the Evek GmbH online shop we offer a current zirconium price. We pride ourselves on being able to provide you with high quality products and the best service.
The main field of application of zirconium is nuclear power plant. Shells for uranium fuel elements are made from the Zircaloy alloy. The metal is also used in the construction of chemical plants (valves, pumps, stirrers). As an alloying metal, it increases the corrosion resistance of the steel. Surgical instruments are also made from corresponding zirconium alloys. Because of its smokeless combustion, zirconium is used as flashlight powder in fireworks and signal lights.
Zirconium is used:
- in nuclear power plants (shells of uranium fuel elements);
- in chemical industry (construction of chemical plants);
- as an alloy metal (steel, surgical instruments);
- as flashlight powder (fireworks, signal lights);
- Manufacture of abrasive paper and pigments.
Zirconium is characterized by:
- very high corrosion resistance;
- good flexibility and extensibility;
- poor electrical conductivity;
- relatively good thermal conductivity;
- excellent resistance to almost all acids and aqueous bases;
- pyrophoric properties in powder form;
- non toxic.
Through Evek GmbH, a reliable supplier, you can buy zirconium in just a few clicks. We deliver worldwide and look forward to your inquiries. Try our service!
- Atomic number
- operation area
- Nuclear power plants (casings of uranium fuel elements); chemical industry (construction of chemical plants); as alloy metal (steel, surgical instruments); as flash light powder (fireworks, signal lights)
- 6.5 g / cm³
- Melting point
- 1857 ° C
- Mohs hardness
- Thermal conductivity
- 22.7 W / (m K)
- Electrical conductivity
- 2.36 · 10⁶ S / m
Everything perfect! Gladly aga...
Everything perfect! Gladly again!Report abuse
super fast delivery, top artic...
super fast delivery, top article gladly againReport abuse
everything ok, perfect deliver...
everything ok, perfect deliveryReport abuse