Length tolerance +/-2mm
Do you need a different steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Production time - 5-7 weeks.
- Preparation for shipment - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the FAQ please.
Tungsten is a high-density heavy metal from the chromium group. It is assigned to the transition metals and has the highest melting and boiling point of all metals. Tungsten metal is ductile, medium-hard and high-strength. It has paramagnetic properties and is a very good conductor of heat and electricity. In terms of chemical behavior, tungsten is similar to molybdenum. The metal is stable in air and is unaffected by non-oxidizing acids and water. Tungsten is also not susceptible to oxidizing acids due to the formation of a protective oxide layer. However, tungsten metal is soluble in mixtures of hydrofluoric and nitric acid.
You can buy tungsten from Evek GmbH at a good price. For further questions please contact us. We are happy to assist you.
As tungsten carbide, tungsten is used to manufacture hard metal tools. Because of its high melting point, pure tungsten is used in the lamp industry as a filament for incandescent lamps. The other applications of tungsten are equipment in chemical plants and as an alloying metal in tungsten-molybdenum alloys. Tungsten is also used in sports, military and jewelery making.
The most important areas of application of tungsten metal are:
- Carbide tools (as tungsten carbide);
- illuminant industry (as filament);
- chemical plants (special apparatus);
- military (armor piercing ammunition);
- sports (high-quality dart barrels, arrowheads in archery, hammer heads in hammer throwing);
- jewelry making.
Tungsten is characterized by:
- highest melting and boiling point of all metals;
- good ductility and high strength;
- paramagnetic properties;
- very good thermal and electrical conductivity;
- good resistance to oxidizing and non-oxidizing acids.
Wolfram price is always up to date in the Evek GmbH online shop. As a reliable supplier, we deliver quickly, safely and easily. Try our service!