Length tolerance +/-2mm
Do you need a different steel quality or dimension? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Production time - 2-3 weeks.
- Preparation for shipment - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Look at the FAQ please.
Monel 400 is an alloy composed of approx. 65% nickel, 33% copper and 2% iron. It has high strength and offers excellent corrosion resistance. 2.4360 is resistant to stress corrosion cracking and has good mechanical properties up to approx. 550°C. The grade has good resistance to fluorine, hydrogen fluoride and their compounds and is insensitive to seawater and a variety of acids and alkalis. The material has good resistance to salt and is therefore used to produce salt. In contrast to Monel K 500, Alloy 400 cannot be hardened.
You can purchase nickel alloys from Evek GmbH at fair prices and of the highest quality. As a reliable supplier for Monel 400, we deliver safely and easily.
Like Monel K 500, Monel 400 is mainly used in the chemical industry (heat exchangers, pressurized gas cylinders for fluorine). Due to its insensitivity to skin perspiration, the material is used in other applications in the manufacture of glasses. The strings for musical instruments (electric guitars and plucked instruments) are also made from 2.4360. Other areas of application for Alloy 400 are:
- hydrofluoric acid processing;
- salt production;
- offshore engineering;
- turbine construction;
- valves, pumps and heat exchangers.
2.4360 has the following properties:
- high strength;
- excellent corrosion resistance;
- good resistance to stress corrosion cracking;
- good mechanical properties up to approx. 550°C;
- good resistance to fluorine, hydrogen fluoride and their compounds;
- Insensitivity to sea water, acids and alkalis;
- good salt resistance.
You can buy Alloy 400 safely in the Evek GmbH online shop. We are at your side and if you have any further questions, we will be happy to help you with words and deeds.