Available in thicknesses from 2 mm to 120 mm. Length tolerance +/- 2mm.
If you have not found the product you are looking for, please contact us directly. We would be happy to make you an offer on request.
Do you need other steel quality or dimensions? Please write to us. Our sales team makes an offer from stock program or delivery program :)
- Product on request.
- Production time - 1 month.
- Shipping preparation - 2-3 working days.
- Delivery time - depending on the parcel service. Please look at the FAQ.
u8a is an unalloyed tool steel. The material contains approximately 98% iron. The material designation u8a means:
- U - carbon steel;
- 8 - about 0.8% carbon content;
- A - very high steel quality.
The quality is characterized by high strength and hardness. It has a low corrosion resistance. The steel can be coated with a thin layer of chrome to increase its resistance to corrosion. Furthermore, it has a low wear and heat resistance. The material does not tend to flake and is not suitable for welding. It's easy to grind.
u8a can be bought in the Evek GmbH online shop. As a reliable supplier, we ship internationally. Try our service!
Due to the rather long retention of sharpness, u8a is in great demand in the manufacture of knives. This type of steel is also used for:
- Milling cutters and countersinks;
- Axes and circular saws;
- Chisels and chisels;
- Screwdrivers and combination pliers;
- Side cutter.
u8a has the following features:
- high strength and hardness;
- low corrosion resistance;
- low wear and heat resistance;
- not suitable for welding;
- easy to sand.
Evek GmbH offers u8a in the highest quality and at a good price. We are happy to help you with your concerns and answer all your questions. Contact us!